The Sunray Scholarship provides tuition to attend a class ACT course and is made possible by generous community members who believe in the success of students within the Troup County School System and surrounding area. An applicant should complete the application and provide a teacher recommendation form to a teacher for submission via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The teacher recommendation form can be found HERE.
The scholarship application is available HERE.
For consideration of a Sunray Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
1. 3.4 unweighted GPA
2. A strong work ethic (perhaps an after-school job or extracurricular activities)
3. College-bound potential
4. The desire to benefit from the course
5. Free or reduced lunch status
6. A commitment to register for and take the ACT immediately following class ACT
7. Willingness to have photo with sponsor and write a letter of thanks and speak to local media
Congratulations to our first
Sunray Scholarship recipients!
Callaway High School
LaGrange High School
Troup High School